Monday 23 May 2011

Loner's Tip No 18 - To A Friend, Who Is No More

I lost a friend today. While my spirit swung between memories, accusations and pain, a thought came to me that all this was a lie, that HE HAS to be alive! How could he be dead when he was seen not more than 12 hours ago, dancing and laughing and merry as he ever was. A thought came to me that it was all a bad dream. So much as I wanted to believe it, its not so. Sitting many thousand miles from home, while my foolish mind harbored thoughts to just not miss his marriage whenever it came, fate has me prepared to attend his last rites. The last thing he had asked me for was a bottle of whiskey! While I think of that, a thought comes to my mind that I couldn't even say bye.

Loner's Guide comes to an end with a message that life is full of surprises; some of those are unpleasant and they will not give us a moment to say goodbye. Man must make sure he doesn't weigh men against everything else material.

Good luck, good bye and god speed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment